When we started Leesa, we wanted to start a company that cared just as much about our impact on the world as our bottom line. That's why we are extremely proud to be B Corp certified.
What is a B Corp?
A B corporation is a company that meets the highest social and environmental standards, redefining what a successful business looks like and using business as a force for good.
The B Corp community includes companies like Patagonia, Ben & Jerry's, Allbirds and BeautyCounter, just to name a few.
What does it take to become B Corp certified?
To become B Corp certified, a company must not only have a positive impact—they must stand behind it. For a company to be certified, they have to meet a minimum B Impact Assessment score, which evaluates their impact on its workers, customers, community and environment.
More than 50,000 companies have taken the B Corp assessment. The average score? 55. To become a certified B Corp, a company must get at least 80 points. The B Corp movement is now over 2,500 companies strong, across 150 industries and 60 countries, with one goal: to leave the world a bit better than we found it.
Leesa is proud to be B
Our B Corp score is 111.4. (And we were recently re-certified!)
Here are some of the reasons we're a B Corp:
- We continue to provide places for people to rest their head and heart. We have donated over 25,000 mattresses since our last certification. (That’s 36,000 total!)
- Leesa provides profit units for all employees. As a company, we are all working toward one goal and we want to share our success with the team that made works hard to make it happen.
- We provide wellness benefits for employees, including personal trainers who come to the in-office gym every day.
- We have designated breastfeeding and napping rooms for employees.
- We have build relationships with our suppliers for better understanding and transparency.
- Our headquarters building runs on renewable energy.
- We decreased our shipping distance from manufacture to our customer’s doorstep.
Leesa named B Corp's Best for the World 2019
We were recently named 2019 Best For The World: Community and Best for the World: Changemaker by B Lab. We ranked in the top percentile of all 3,000 B Corps for our positive impact on their community—we donate one mattress for every ten we sell, totaling over 36,000 to date. Best for the World: Community also recognized our exemplary supplier relations, hiring practices and community service policies.